We got really inspired by the South American cuisine, and especially the Peruvian kitchen. If you don’t want to spend the whole day in your kitchen, get yourself some scallops and make this amazing scallop ceviche in a matter of minutes!
Start with the tiger’s milk. In a bowl, mix the lime juice, root ginger, garlic clove and the coriander stalks. Set aside to infuse all the flavors.
Put the onion rings and the chili in a small tray and put the tray in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
Remove the ginger, garlic and the coriander stalks from the lime juice. To balance the sour flavour of the tiger’s milk, add 1 teaspoon of chili (or amarillo) paste, 1 teaspoon of fish stock and 1 teaspoon of condensed milk.
Cut the scallop meat in 0,5 centimeter slices and let it ‘cook’ in the tiger’s milk.
Get the onion and chili out of the freezer and add it into the ceviche bowl, together with the sweet potato, mango and the avocado cubes. Let the flavours infuse for 1-2 more minutes.
Divide the ceviche among the plates and gently spoon over a little of the tiger’s milk. Garnish with some whole coriander leaves.
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 thumb sized ginger root, whole and peeled
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 10 coriander stalks, save leaves for garnishing
- 1 red onion, cut in half-rings
- 1 amarillo chilli (or any other chilli you like), cut in thin strips
- 1 tsp chillipaste (or amarillopaste if you can find it)
- 3 tbsp. coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- salt and black pepper