Anchovies fried in clarified butter, served with sea lavender… Does it get any better? This beautiful salty dish is easy to make and will wow everyone away! Can’t find any sea lavender? Feel free to switch it up for samphire.
Heat the clarified butter in a frying pan. Put the anchovies through the flour and fry until golden brown in the butter for 2-3 minutes.
Add the extra butter, garlic and pastis and let the garlic lightly color. Stir in the parsley leaves and sea lavender at the last minute, heat for 1 minute and then serve onto four plates. Grate the lemon over and serve with black pepper and sea salt.
- 350 g fresh anchovies, cleaned (ask your fishmonger)
- 100 g flour
- 4 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove of garlic, in slices
- 3 tbsp pastis
- ½ bunch of parsley, leaves off, finely chopped
- 2 hands full of sea lavender (or samphire)
- grated skin of ½ lemon
- black pepper and sea salt