Roasted tuna with sesame and soy mayonnaise
- 4 persons
- Cooking time:30
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- juice of half a lime
- 50 g black sesame seeds
- 50 g white sesame seeds
- 400 g yellowfin tuna fillet in pieces of equal size, about 4-5 cm thick.
- A handful of fresh purple shiso leaves (perilla)
- A handful of fresh Daikon leaves (winter radish)
- Togarashi (Japanese herbal mixture)
- Sunflower oil
How to prepare
- 1 Using a spoon, mix the mayonnaise with the soy sauce and lime juice. The sauce may be thin.
- 2 Place the black and white sesame seeds on a flat plate and mix well with your fingers. Gently brush the tuna on all sides with a little oil and then roll it in the sesame mixture. Make sure that all sides are properly "stuck" and press down lightly.
- 3 Provide a bowl of water and ice cubes.
- 4 Heat a frying pan without butter or oil. As soon as the pan is hot, put the tuna inside and fry each side for 15 seconds. Once all sides are browned, remove the tuna from the pan and put it in ice water for 1 minute to prevent further cooking. Make sure that the tuna does not come into contact with the water.
- 5 Cut the sesame tuna into nice even slices, about 1 cm thick. Arrange on the shiso leaves as desired. Drip some sauce over it and garnish with the purple-coloured shiso leaves and daikon leaves. Finally, sprinkle a little Togarashi on the dish.