These sardine bites are delicious as a snack, or even as a starter!
First make the basil oil. Using a food processor or stick blender, mix the basil leaves and oil. (If you use a pestle and mortar to combine the basil with some salt, pepper and oil, it will result in a creamier texture and flavour).
Season further with some lime juice.
Put the beans in the colander and rinse. Leave to drain. Purée the beans with the mayonnaise and olive oil. Stir in the sundried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the sardines on the crispbreads. Top with the white bean purée, drizzle some basil oil over the top and sprinkle with sea salt. Garnish with some torn basil leaves. Enjoy!
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- a splash of lime juice
- 250 g tinned butter beans, drained
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tins of sardines in water or olive oil (120 g. each), drained
- thin crispbreads
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a few basil leaves, to garnish