Surprise yourself with mussels! They’re easy to use in all kinds of dishes. Think of a paella with mussels, a mussel springroll or even mussel quesadilla’s. This delicious recipe is best to be served with sour cream, tomato salsa and guacamole.
For the salsa, mix the tomatoes with the red onion, garlic, chili pepper, coriander, lime juice and salt and pepper. Set aside.
For the guacamole, prune the avocado. Mix in the onion, coriander, lime and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Let the mussels drain or pat dry them with kitchen paper. Put some flour over the mussels and make sure they are all covered with a thin white layer. Shake off excess flour. Make a mix of paprika, cumin and garlic powder in a small bowl. Repeat the first step again, but with the spice mix. Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the mussels for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown. Set the mussels aside.
Heat a tortilla in a second frying pan and top with cheese, spring onions, fried mussels, jalapeño and a little lime zest.
Place another tortilla on it and let the cheese melt. Turn the quesadilla carefully and cook until both sides are crispy.
Serve with crème fraîche, tomato salsa and guacamole.
- 1 tomato, seeds out, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped fine
- 1 glove garlic, chopped fine
- ½ chilipeper, seeds out, chopped fine
- ½ tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- juice of ¼ lime
- 2 avocado's, seed out
- ½ white onion, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 600 g boiled mussel flesh
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 20 g butter
- 8 tortilla’s
- 200 g cheddar, grated
- 2 spring onions, in thin pieces
- 1 jalapeño pepper, in rings
- grated skin of 1 lime
- sour cream, to put on the side