This crab and avocado salad is made from ingredients that are usually used for a guacamole. With added sweet potato and delicious crab, this salad is perfect as a light main dish.
Put together the tomato, red onion, avocado, red chili and the green chili in a bowl and mix well.
Add the avocado, coriander, sweet potato cubes and drizzle over the juice of half a lime to prevent the avocado from browning. Season the salad with olive oil, salt, pepper and the zest of half a lime and mix well.
Ultimately, add the precooked crab meat and mix the salad one last time. Plate up the salad and garnish with some extra lime zest.
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, deseeded and cut in quarters
- 1/2 red onion, cut in half-rings
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 green chilli, cut in thin rings
- 1 avocado, cut in 0,5 cm cubes
- 1 sweet potato, pre-boiled and cut into 0,5 cm cubes
- 1 handful of coriander, whole leaves
- juice of 1/2 lime
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tin of canned crab (±150 g) or 150 g fresh crab meat, precooked
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper