This easy recipe will turn your cod fillet into something a bit different. Make sure to cook with sustainably sourced cod (or any other white fish) fresh or frozen. With only 5 delicious ingredients you can make a perfect Asian crumb on top!
Pre heat the oven on 180°C.
Put a little sauce pan on medium heat. Melt the butter and then add the garlic and the chili. Add the sesame oil and let it simmer for 1 minute.
Add the lemongrass and ginger to the pan and let it simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Then add the coriander and the lime zest, let it simmer for a minute, then add the panko and stir well. Put the mixture the crumb aside.
Dry the fish fillets with a piece of kitchen paper. Put the crumb mixture on the top side of the cod until there’s a thick, firm layer on it.
Put the fish fillets in the pre heated oven and roast the fish for 6-9 minutes. The crumb must then be crunchy and golden brown.
Put the fish on a plate, drizzle some extra butter over and serve with the fresh spring onion, extra salt and a part of lime.
- 40 g butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ chili pepper, seeds out, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ stalk of lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 slices of ginger, finely chopped
- 4-5 sprigs of coriander, finely chopped
- half a lime, zest aside, parts aside
- 1 tbsp panko
- 2 cod fillets (150 g each)
- ½ spring onion, sliced diagonally