This heart warming celeriac soup is very healthy and easy to make. Topped off with chunks of hot smoked mackerel, this soup is an absolute treat!
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. Softly fry the onion, leek, celery and celeriac for a few minutes without coloring the vegetables.
Add the stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Blend the soup in a blender or a hand blender. Add the cream and gently boil down the soup for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the soup in 4 bowls and divide the smoked mackerel over the bowls. Garnish the soup with chervil, pepper and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, white part finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 liter of vegetable- or chicken stock
- 125 ml cream
- 200 g smoked mackerel fillets, skin removed, in rough chunks
- handful of chervil, finely chopped
- olive oil, extra vierge
- olive oil, for frying
- salt and pepper