This sea bass ceviche with authentic Peruvian tiger’s milk is easy to make and delicious as a starter!
Cut the fish as finely as you can diagonally across the grain into very thin slices. Arrange the fish on a big plate and set aside.
Meanwhile, grate the mango half roughly and add the gratings to a bowl.
For the tiger's milk, mix the root ginger, garlic, coriander and the lime juice in a bowl. Stir and leave to infuse for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture through a sieve into another bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of Amarillo chili paste (or regular chili paste) and mix well.
Mix the sea bass with the tiger's milk and leave to 'cook' for 2-3 minutes. Arrange the fish on 4 plates, add the mango and garnish with the finely sliced chilli and basil leaves.
- 400 g sea bass fillet (or other white fish), skinned and trimmed
- 1/2 green mango, peeled
- 1 cm fresh root ginger, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove, sliced in half
- 5 sprigs of coriander, roughly chopped
- juice of 4 limes
- 1 tbsp Amarillo chillipaste
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- handful of basil leaves, finely chopped
- fine sea salt